The following standards will be used to evaluate your application for tenancy. You must meet these standards to qualify to sign a rental agreement with us. All applications are evaluated using the same standards on a first-come, first-served basis, one person or family at a time. Any false statements or inconsistencies on the application will result in an automatic denial.
- $36 NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE – Each applicant age 18 or over must pay an application fee and consent to a background check. Co-signers must also pay an application fee and give consent to a background check.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT – Applicants must provide payment for the full amount of the security deposit for the application to be considered complete. The deposit will be returned if the application is denied.
- PHOTO IDENTIFICATION – All applicants age 18 or older must provide current government-issued photo identification at the time of application.
- EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS – Employment history should show that the applicant has been employed with their current employer for at least six months. Exceptions may be made for self-employed applicants who provide a current CPA-prepared financial statement or most recent tax return. Applicants with less than six months of employment with current employer may be approved if they have been employed with their current employer for two months and were employed by their previous employer for at least one year. All employment history will be verified by contacting the employer. In cases where employment verification is provided only by third parties that require payment, the applicant must pay the fee.
- INCOME REQUIREMENTS – The combined gross income of all persons living in the rental must be at least three times the monthly rent. Applicants that do not meet the income requirements will be considered if they provide a co-signer or provide proof of cash reserves equal to at least 12 times the monthly rent.
- RENTAL HISTORY – Applicants must provide the name and contact information for their previous two landlords, or all landlords in the last five years. Applicants must also provide all of the addresses where they have lived for the last five years. Applicants will not be approved if they have had any evictions, defaults in lease agreements, or if they owe any money to any other landlord.
- CREDIT HISTORY – Your credit must reflect that all accounts are current. Application for tenancy will be denied if you have filed for bankruptcy within the last two years, or if you have any bankruptcies that have not been discharged at least one year prior to the application. All collections accounts must be “paid in full/as agreed.” Applicants with past-due accounts or accounts in collections may qualify if they pay an additional security deposit or have an approved co-signer.
- CRIMINAL HISTORY – Your application may be rejected if you have been convicted in the last five years of any crime against person or property that would present a threat to the owners or neighbors or to the rental property. Applicants on probation or parole must provide contact information for their parole officer. Applicants on a publicly available list of offenders who are required to publish their address will be denied.
If your application is approved, you will be notified. You will have 48 hours from the notification of your approval to sign a lease agreement. If you do not, then other applicants may be considered and given the opportunity to sign a lease.
False information provided on a tenant’s application will be grounds for immediate termination of the lease at any time.
We are committed to equal housing opportunity and provide housing opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, familial status, source of income, sexual orientation, or gender identity.